You as a off site Techie are required to contribute to the provision of quality services by providing support for our client in a professional and efficient manner, which will reflect the Company’s reputation.
This will necessitate a high standard of personal demeanor including professional standards of behavior acceptable to the Company.
You will be required to demonstrate initiative and work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the organization’s office routines, culture and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Regret only South African citizens in the Western Cape will be considered
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the Maintenance and expansion of a national ISP network
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues on the National network
- Manage third parties and internal departments to resolve issues
- Documentation of the network design
- Technical Project management and reporting skills
- Matric Senior Certificate or Exemption
- Own Transport and drivers licence
- Technical international network certification – CCNP/JNCIS or relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years working as an IP networking engineer
- Experience with either Cisco, Juniper, Extreme or Alcatel switching and routing
- Strong understanding of BGP/MPLS/IGP/STP/QinQ/QOS and its implementation
- Minimum 2 years working for an ISP
- Desire to complete CCIE/JNCIE in the next 5 years
- Multi Vendor capable skill set – i.e. thorough understanding of more than one networking Vendor
- Understanding of IP Security – Firewalls/IPS/DDOS mitigation techniques
- Strong understanding of PPPoE, L2TP(LNS and LAC)
- Understanding of AAA using RADIUS