Thursday, May 22, 2008

I might not be a South African

I might not be a South African
But I'm black; my skin is the same as yours
My colour is the same as yours
My genes are African, nothing but African
When your leaders were beaten by whites
I was there to shelter them
I was patient with them
I offered them food, shelter,
Most of all, I offered them protection

Oh okay, I might be a South African
I can't speak Zulu, because I'm Venda
I can't speak Zulu, because I'm Shangaan
I don't know what an elbow is in Zulu
As much as you don't know it in my language
Since when was Zulu the only South African language?

Yes..........I'm not from Gauteng
I was not born here, but I'm South African
Where should I go if you beat me?
I'm not beating your father, mother, brother or sister who works at my
area in the mines
I'm not calling them makwerekwere though they can't speak my language.
I might be dark in complexion
I might have the foreigners looks
I might have the foreigners body structure
Now I am scared to go to the only place that I call home
I'm scared of working down the street without my ID
Whites wanted me to do that centuries ago
Now you, my black brother is acting white
Why should you Black South Africans do this?
What makes you think that you better than me?

Who told you that I'm responsible for your unemployment?
Who told you that I'm less human
If I need to go back to Venda........let all the Zulus go back to KZN
Let all the Tswana's go back to Botswana
Let all the Sotho's go back to Lesotho
Let all the Ndebele's go back to Kwandebele
Let all the Xhosa's go back to Eastern Cape
Yes..........let all the Swati's go back to Swaziland
Is this not ignorance?

Your unemployment is your responsibility
Use your intellect
Get up and work
Let education empower you
Seek humanity

Before 1994 you blamed whites
Now you are blaming me
Who are you going to blame after chasing me away?
Who are you going to blame after killing me?

For what it's worth..........
I'm sorry I was not born here
I'm sorry I can't speak Zulu
I'm sorry for being too dark for your Joburg
I'm sorry for cleaning the toilets you don't want to clean
I'm sorry for doing your garden
I'm sorry for repairing your shoes
I'm sorry for protecting your leaders while they were in Exile

Yes..........what you call Exile..........is my country
And most of all.......I'm sorry for building South African
infrastructure
Please my brothers let there be peace and prosperity amongst black
African people.


Written by a Teary Black African..........from here

3 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

You forgot one more I'm sorry.....
I'm sorry I killed white farmers in SA and raped their women.
Kick Mugabe out....Kill the fucker !

You can now check out my new piece http://splakaveli.blogspot.com

Post a Comment